People love to watch stuff. Have you ever been to a bar that doesn’t have a television on the wall? Probably not. There’s a sense of community that comes from watching content together.
That’s why video is enormously popular on social media sites, including Pinterest. Consumers are far more likely to stop scrolling to view a video. They’re also more inclined to share videos with a friend to ask “did you see this?” If you aren’t crafting Pinterest video pins, you need to get started! These best practices will help you create effective video pins.
What is a Pinterest Video Pin?
Before we jump into best practices, let’s review some basics first! As you probably already figured out, a video pin is published to your board in video format instead of as a still image. Pinterest video pins are an effective way to reach a wide audience while increasing your engagement. Let’s take a look at things you can do to boost your video pin performance and attract more potential clients to your business.
To optimize the performance of your Pinterest video pins you should follow these guidelines:
- Showcase your brand and make it the focal point. Don’t hide your product…give it center stage!
- Make sure your logo is visible in the video. (In this case, it’s OK to be subtle.)
- You only have a few seconds to get people’s attention, so start with a strong intro to your video.
- Include a call to action. Be clear about what you want viewers to do after watching your video pin. Should they click to learn more? Buy now? Tell them what to do next.
- Choose the optimal video length. Pinterest recommends 15-60 seconds for organic content and just 6-15 seconds for video ads.
- Many Pinterest users watch video with the sound off, so always use text overlays or captions.
- You get to choose the cover image when you upload the video, so select something that tells your story at a glance.
- Use clear titles and descriptions to improve your Pinterest video pin’s SEO. Pinterest allows up to 100 characters in the title and up to 500 characters for the video pin description.
If you follow these Pinterest video best practices you’ll be well on your way to success on this social media giant!